Wednesday 13 July 2011

Kyle Andrews "You always make me smile"

Kyle Andrews "You always make me smile": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grnkCPxdTdU

I like the opening shot of the music video as it is quite unique as it uses the Rule of Thirds as the balloon and text are not directly in the centre of the screen, but instead are just off to the side.

This shot is good as there are lots of different colours and already the viewer gets a feeling of happiness as they can hear the crowd screaming as the guitar starts playing. Also the song is quite lively and happy, so the use of bright colours, Mis-En-Scene, add to the theme of the song.

I like this medium shot of the singer as he is standing directly in the centre of the screen and has the crowd of people behind him. I also like the bright colours as it suits the song perfectly as it is a happy song about being in love.

I like the use of different shot lengths and heights as it gives the audience a wider view of the surrounding areas and in this shot, shows how many people are taking part in the water fight.

This shot of the singer is very colourful and I like how he is focusing on playing his guitar in the middle of a water fight, as though he doesn't notice what is happening.

I find this action shot of the water fight interesting as it shows the participants having a really good time and this fun theme suits the theme of the song. I also like the actual video as it is quite unusual as the idea of filming a water fight is really unique.

I really like this shot as it is a good use of depth of field as the person in the foreground is blurry yet the singer and the other water fight participants are in focus.

This shot is good as the camera is looking up at the singer, who is standing on a mini stage, whilst the water fight is still going on in the background.

I like the angle of this shot as it is looking down on the singer as he is being carried by the crowd. I also find that this shot suits the happy theme of the song as it is showing the humanity and happiness within a group of people.
The ending shot of the singer is a close up shot and I feel that it sums up the whole theme and ambiance of the song as it shows the singer emptying water from his guitar. I like the use of different transitions and angles between the shots as it makes it more interesting to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment