Wednesday 7 September 2011

Arctic Monkeys "Fluorescent Adolescent "

Arctic Monkeys "Fluorescent Adolescent ": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma9I9VBKPiw&ob=av2e

The opening shot of the music video shows two cars driving towards a run-down building. I like the way the footage is shot from the passenger seat of one of the cars and I feel that it is an unusual opening to a video, but that is a good thing as not many music videos are like this.

 I like the theme of the video as it is not just shots of the band singing, but instead clowns fighting men in black suits. I really like this as it is very uni usual and unique which means that it is very easy to remember as it is different from any other music videos. The clown pictures is one of the main characters in the story and keeps being referred to throughout. I also like the use of the 180 degree rule as the two men look at each other.

 The music video is about clowns fighting men in black suits in an abandoned/run-down area. I like the use of clowns as they are not the type of people I would expect to be involved in fierce fighting.

 I like the use of flashbacks to help tell progress the storyline as this clip shows the main clown with his friend, who is now his enemy, riding their bikes and having fun. Yet in the present day the two men are now fighting each other.

 The ending clip is good as I like the way in which the camera is positioned behind the main clown's shoulder as he watches the car burning. I also like the use of a hand-held camera as the shaky camera-work adds to the fight scenes between the clowns and men in suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment