Monday 12 March 2012

DigiPak Review

This is the DigiPak that I have started to design. 

However, during the construction of the DigiPak, I realised that the front cover was not suitable for this genre of music as it did not match the typical codes and conventions that are associated with an acoustic genre music album. For example, the audience and record label would expect to see a close up of the musician on the front cover as it helps to sell the album and create an image that the public will recognise and can associate with. This cannot be seen with my front cover as even though I like the picture, it does not feature the artist.

On the other hand, I think that the back cover is really nice as it is just a picture of the sea with the names of the songs. This helps to set a theme of sombreness and loneliness, which is felt throughout the majority of the songs in the album. As a result, I am going to keep the back cover as it is, and add the bar code and various other items that are scene on CD covers, but am going to replace the album cover with a picture of the artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment